Our mission is to
- proclaim Jesus,
- promote growth in God,
- and practice an intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit.
Our vision is to
- build a holy community of Christ
- win over the world.
- Building a Holy Community
- “…to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:1-16)
- “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes…so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.” (Ephesians 6:10-13)
- Winning Over the World
- “…Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
- “…I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.” (Luke 15:3-7)
- The congregation built upon the conviction that the Bible is the Word of God.
- We unapologetically have a strong emphasis upon the balanced preaching and teaching of God’s Word. Quite simply, we desire people to be self-feeding from the Word of God, in that they discover relevant truths themselves. (John 8:31-32)
- The congregation that is centered upon the claims of Jesus Christ.
- Because of who Christ is and what He has done for us, we are vitally concerned that every member of LG develops a personal relationship with Him. (Revelation 3:20)
- The congregation that loves fellowship.
- It is very easy to isolate ourselves with busyness. LG will offer opportunities for every individual to get involved in a small group fellowship where his or her name will be known. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- The congregation that believes that good theology is practical and applicable to every aspect of people’s lives.
- Hence, LG will provide opportunities to reach out into the community and to other countries. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- The congregation that believes in laughter.
- Anything that is significant enough to do is surely worth doing with joy, free of any guilt-motivation. (Psalm 126:2-3)
- The congregation that desires to cultivate critical thinkers.
- LG would encourage people to ask hard and honest questions. All Scripture-related questions and positive suggestions are welcomed. (Acts 17:11)
- The congregation that desires to be a cross-cultural ministry.
- LG will strive to invite people of all groups to worship and fellowship here. We believe this blend of people adds to the uniqueness of the ministry as well as giving a taste of what heaven will be like. (John 4:23-24)
- The congregation that desires to be an extended family.
- Our hope is to provide family that really cares about people. We hope to build significant relationship with one another. (Luke 10:27)