The CBCSD core beliefs are listed below:
We believe that…
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the written record of His supernatural revelation of Himself to Man, absolute in its authority, complete in its revelation, final in its content, and without any errors in its teaching.
- God is One God, who reveals Himself in three Persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ, as the Scripture affirms, is the Son of God and Son of Man, was born of a virgin, and is Himself God.
- All men in their natural state are lost, alienated from God, and spiritually dead (Romans 3:23). Salvation is only by grace, a free gift of God, through faith in the Lord Jesus, who died for our sins according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:3). Those who receive Christ by faith have their sins forgiven (Ephesians 1:7) and are made new creatures in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Jesus Christ rose from the dead in the same body that was laid to rest in the tomb. The bodies of all believers who die will be raised from the dead, and they will receive an incorruptible body like unto His glorious body (1 Corinthians 15:53). All other men shall be raised unto the resurrection of judgment (John 5:28-29).
- Jesus Christ will come again to earth the second time (Hebrews 9:28) personally (Acts 1:11), bodily (Colossians 2:9), and visibly (Matthew 26:64). His coming will precede the age of universal peace and righteousness, foretold in the Scriptures (Matthew 24:29-42).
THEOLOGICAL POSITION PAPERS
With much prayer and discussion, the CBCSD pastoral staff has put together the CBCSD Theological Position Papers. These papers provide our church’s theological position on six controversial topics, which include abortion, Holy Spirit & Charismatic Movement, church & politics, divorce & remarriage, homosexuality, women in ministry, and doing business in the church and Christian community. The English version of these papers is available below.